Wednesday, October 14, 2009


So this past couple of weeks, I've been in so much pain that I didn't know what to do in life anymore. But I didn't want to give up. So to help me realize that life is worth something and to help me move on, I've gotten the Hannya Shingyo (Heart Sutra) tattooed on my upper back. I've been saving the space for something and I finally found it. I hope that this will help and guide me thru this tough times.

Oh Shariputra form is no other than emptiness, emptiness no other than form, form is exactly emptiness, emptiness exactly form; feeling, thought, impulse, and consciousness are likewise like this.
Oh Shariputra, remember, Dharma is fundamentally emptiness, no birth, no death. Nothing is pure, nothing is defiled. Nothing can increase, nothing can decrease. Hence: in emptiness, no form, no feeling, no thought, no impulse, no consciousness; no eye, no ear, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind; no seeing, no hearing, no smelling, no tasting, no touching, no thinking, no realm of sight, no realm of thought, no ignorance and no end of ignorance, no old age and death and no end to old age and death. No suffering, no craving, no extinction, no path, no wisdom, no attainment. Indeed, there is nothing to be attained; the Bodhisattvas live this deepest wisdom with no hindrance in the mind, no hindrance therefore no fear. Far beyond delusive thinking they finally awaken to complete Nirvana. All Buddhas, Bodhisattvas of past, present, and future live this deepest wisdom and therefore reach the most supreme enlightenment. Therefore know that this wisdom beyond wisdom is the greatest Dharani, the brightest Dharani, the highest Dharani, the peerless Dharani. It completely ends all suffering. Know this as truth and do not doubt. So set forth this profound wisdom Dharani. Set forth this Dharani and declare: Gone, gone, gone to the other shore, attained the other shore, to beyond the other shore, having never left. Wisdom Heart Sutra.

No comments:

Post a Comment